If you have stairs and baby or small kids at home, you must take precaution steps such as installing the best baby gates for top of stairs. There are various stair gates for babies and small kids at home, but parents must not choose products that are flimsy and therefore dangerous for kids. There are many types of stair gates made of various wood species and have special features.
There are baby gates that have automatic open-close mechanism. There are baby gates with special shapes to fit on edges. There are gates that are enhanced with iron. Most of them are easy to install. The gates should be easy to install, lock and unlock by adults, but kids must not be able to open the gates easily.
Recommended Products for The Best Baby Gates for Top of Stairs
Summer Deluxe Walk-Through Gate
This gate is great to install either on the top or bottom of the stairs. Summer Deluxe has easy to install mechanism and shape that fits both top and bottom of stairs. Made of beautiful cherry wood, this gate will fit any home interior and staircase style, and will surely add great view in your house while at the same time making the stair safe for babies. The gate is everything: safe for babies and toddlers, yet easy for adults to install and access through.
Summer Deluxe has easy-to-install mechanism, so you only need mere minutes to install it on top of bottom of stairs. There are four pressure mounted style installations, so you can install the gate on the door easily, preventing escape of the baby or toddler. Adults can just walk through the gate and the door will close automatically. Here are several special features of the gate:
- 40.5 wide gate with cherry wood finish, beautiful and convenient.
- Easy installation with pressure mounted mechanism; for top and bottom of stairs and doors.
- One hand operational mechanism with automatic closing.
- Hardware mounts for installation at the top of the stairs.
- Light, beautiful yet strong baby gate.
Evenflo Plus Gate
Evenflo makes a lot of great baby products, including the best baby gates for top of stairs. This product can be mounted not only on the top of stairs but also bottom, and there are four points of mounting tools that can be attached on the wall. The gate is made of beautiful, light colored wood with smooth finish to compliment all types of stairs and interior design, but its features are the ones that separate Evenflo from other baby products.
This gate has unique open and close mechanism; while the gate is secure enough for babies and toddlers as old as 24 months, adults can easily walk through the gate in swift motion because the gate opens to both ways. However, there is special hinge mechanism that prevents the gate to swing open too wide and past the staircase. Here are special features of this great Evenflo baby gate:
- Four mounting tools for more secure installation.
- Gate that swings open to both directions for easier access.
- The structure can expand from 30 inches to 48 inches wide, to adjust with various widths of staircases.
- Can be attached on top and bottom of the stair.
- Perfect for house with babies as old as 24 months.
Regalo Top Stair Gate
Regalo is the answer for best baby gates for top of stairs that have everything; durable material, easy installation and access, security for babies, expanding width, and of course simple yet charming design to fit any types of stairs and interior design. If you often complain about top stair gate that is too flimsy and easy to knock down, Regalo is the best answer.
Made of lightweight metal, Regalo Top Stair Gate is sturdier than most of cheap top stair gates. It has unique squeeze latch that is easy for adults to open but not for babies and toddlers. The gate opens in one swift and smooth motion, so access will be easier for you especially if you are busy around the house. Plus, the gate can expand from 26 to 42 inches, so you can fit it on any size of staircases. Here are some features of Regalo Top Stair Gate:
- Light metal construction with four mounting tools (including wall mounting mechanism).
- Easy opening with smooth motion.
- Squeeze latch system; easy for adults to open but not for small kids.
- Adjustable width; the gate can expand from 26 to 42 inches.
- Banister mounts with easy installation; your staircase woodwork will be safe and smooth.
Kidco Angle Mount
If you think that your baby gate is too flimsy, fragile and hard to install because there is awkward angle on your wall or stair, Kidco Angle Mount is among the best baby gates for top of stairs with angled structure. This baby gate is not only strong and sturdy, but also has unique angle system to match with unsymmetrical wall and staircase angles. Plus, the gate’s beautiful iron work makes Kidco perfect to improve the appearance of any house.
Kidco solves the problem many parents have with wall and stairs that have odd angles. They can adjust the gate easily and install it. The gate is expendable, has smooth opening and closing system, and the latch is easy to open for adults but not for kids. Here are special features of Kidco Angle Mount:
- Special angle mounts to adjust with unsymmetrical wall and staircases, so the gate will be fit on any stairs.
- Expendable gate; from 28 to 42.5 inches, and even to 63 inches if you add double gate extensions.
- Sturdy construction from strong yet light metal.
- Sturdy latch, easy to open except for kids.
- Options between black and white metal.
- Smooth swinging action but will not be over the stairs.
Conclusion of The Best Baby Gates for Top of Stairs
Which one are the best baby gates for top of stairs? If you love something cheap and light but sturdy enough for just one baby, you may choose Summer Deluxe or Evenflo that are made of light wood with super easy installation. Regalo gives sturdier construction from its metal material, but Kidco is the best option if you need special angled gates for unsymmetrical wall and stairs. Regardless of their unique characteristics, these are the best baby gates for top of stairs because they all have easy installation, sturdy construction and easy access for parents, but not for babies.