Lawn mowers used to be powered by fuel or gas, but many people now choose battery powered lawn mower. The best battery powered lawn mower in the market is not only environmentally friendly, but also more practical and convenient. Most of them become lighter and easier to push, with comfortable grip handle. Many models are also very light and easy to maneuver around lawn and to work in different settings, such as flower beds or any other landscape elements.
Functions are not secondary, too. New battery-powered lawn mowers also have more convenient interface, with practical switches or buttons that make switching between various mowing modes become easier. If you often struggle with noisy, heavy and non-environmentally friendly fuel lawn mower, you may want to consider buying battery-powered lawn mower.
Four Best Battery Powered Lawn Mowers
Here are reviews of four of the best products. Each has different specs, but with some similarities in common, namely, they are practical, convenient and green.
GreenWorks 25322, 16-inch Green Lawn Mower
This lawn mower is one of the winners in the group of machine that has both green technology and easy interface. From the first glance, this lawn mower has a slim dimension and bright green color on the front part. The wheels are also bigger, and the handle grip is collapsible. There is no extension cord, and the battery is 40V Lithium-Ion for lawn mower.
Special features of this lawn mower are, among others:
- Cutting height adjustment system, available in five positions from merely 7/8 inch to more than 2 inches, it is perfect for either light or heavy lawn mowing.
- Switching functions between mulching and bagging; the first one will cut your grass clippings into small pieces to be strewn around the lawn, and the second one allows you to bag and use the grass clippings for other using. However, there is a cord for mulching function.
- One simple switch button to start and stop the lawn mower, making it very easy to operate
- Collapsible handle is covered with rubber, so your hand will be comfortable when mowing for a long time.
Black and Decker SPCM 1936, 19-inch Self-Propelled Mower
Speaking about the best battery powered lawn mower, this Black and Decker mower may seem a bit bulkier than the previous GreenWorks. However, SPCM 1936 has advantage in its propeller technology, which uses a self-adjustment system. It means that whatever pace of mowing you use, the propeller will adjust its own speed without you having to switch a button.SPCM 1936 may look a bit bulky, but once the handle grip is collapsed, it can be easily stored even in upright position.
The lawn mower has bright orange color and the body is made of hard polymer instead of metal. Therefore, you will never get rusty mower and can clean the machine easier. SPCM 1936 from Black and Decker also has great specs such as:
- Cordless mode with 36V battery
- Easy switch button to move between bagging and mulching functions
- Easy turn on with a turn of a key and a press to a button; the machine is also quieter than gas or fuel lawn mowers.
- Easy height adjustment system with one touch of a switch button
Again, this lawn mower is emission free, so never fear of polluting the ozone layer even if you need to mow your lawn often.
Worx WG782, Smart 14-inch Lawn Mower
WG782 from Worx is the best battery powered lawn mower when it comes to cutting height and power adjustment. This lawn mower works with several functions, including options between bagging and mulching, as well as options for different power modes. The size is smaller, compared to that of the previous two lawn mowers, because it is designed for a small yard. However, this means a better deal for those who have small yard and who do not want to have a big machine.
This lawn mower has a collapsible handle, covered with foam, powered by 24V battery and cordless model. The machine is able to change height just with a single switch of a button, and there are options for machine powers for either easy or tough mowing job.
The WG782 features several specs such as:
- Intellicut technology, a special feature that allows you to switch between Quiet mode instantly (for regular mowing job with hushed machine sound) and Power mode (for tough mowing job such as mowing two-weeks grasses)
- Options between mulching and cutting, with special bag to contain grass clippings if you need to use them at separate places; these functions are regulated by simple switch.
- Power indicator that reminds you to charge the battery
WG782 follows modern powered battery tradition to keep the technology emission free. [Read full review…]
Worx WG788, Practical Lawn Mower with Removable Bag
Another family member of Worx, WG788 has almost similar looks and features with those of the previous WG782, but this one is bigger and designed to mow a larger yard. This is a better option if you have large yard with various grass thickness. This is the best battery powered lawn mower when it comes to machine power and cutting style adjustment.Just like the previous Worx lawn mower, WG788 also has special feature of removable grass bag.
You can choose bag function to put the grass clippings automatically into the bag, so you can just release the bag and bring it to make compost or sell it to people who make compost.
Other features include:
- Intellicut technology that will make the machine sounds quieter when you only do regular mowing. Mowing regularly will no longer make you ‘neighbor’s enemy’ because of your lawn mowing machine roars.
- Battery power indicator and powerful 24V battery to mow large sized yard
- Better mulching blade style for smoother mulching
- Three options of discharging: side discharging, bagging and mulching
- Easier storage with collapsible, foam layered handle.
Mow your lawn easier and avoid disturb your neighbor or baby, and cut emission amount released to the air by choosing this lawn mower. [Read full review…]
Conclusion: Which Lawn Mower You Should Choose?
After reviewing four of these best battery powered lawn mower products, it is clear that all these lawn mowers are emission free and environmentally friendly. Most of these mowers also have quieter machines than old models do. However, if loud machine sound is your main concern, you may want to stick to the last two models, the Worx WG782 and WG788.
Both GreenWorks and Black & Decker have easy on-and-off feature with one button switch and key, and they have practical options between cutting and mulching. If your choice is more to light lawn mowers with compact model, these two are the best options. The last two mowers, the Worx, are bulkier because they have three discharging options, including extra grass bag that is attached on the machine. However, they are perfect if you have extra concern about grass clippings discharging. Whatever you choose, all these are still the best battery powered lawn mower products ever.